25 April 2020

Boat-Van: The Roofening. Are we there yet? Part 2


Pix' waiting for mum to come out of the bathroom. When dad is in there, she pushes the door open and sits in my underwear...
Two girls...so cute...both so naughty. No kitties inside the bed!
I used a short stump of round aluminium stock from work to form the curved edge on my panel to match the roof of the van. The line on the panel and stump are used to ensure the curve begins at the same point throughout. (there's a line underneath the panel to use...the top one was just eyeballing everything) This was primitive hammer work... I don't have a rolling machine, or a longer piece of round stock to use. Oh well, hack n slash is how I roll.
Hammering was repeated several times 'till I got the curve right.
Pre drilling pop rivet holes everywhere.
Primer coat all round before installation.
All holes got deburred and primed on both sides of all panels and contact points as usual. Slow work. I intend to install the panel tomorrow after this primer coat dries.