16 October 2021

Toolbox


I found a Sidchrome wall cabinet toolbox on hard rubbish last week. It's pretty rough. Very muddy, dunno why. Covered in bogan stickers. I did a de-grease, scrub, and hose-down. It probably needs some rust treatment here and there, but I'm going to leave it for now and see how it behaves in a dry environment.

Unfortunately I removed a historic sticker from the cabinet. In the "before" photos you can see a "Proto tools" sticker on the inside of the door. The brand is a U.S brand that supplied for Sidchrome in the brief period when they stopped manufacture in Australia and moved manufacture to Taiwan or Korea or something in the early 90's. Oh well. That places the cabinet in the early 90's era anyhow. It was an absolutely absurd selection of tools. An upper row of ring-ring spanners. A middle row of ring-open spanners, and a lower row of open-open spanners. What an absolute waste of everyone's time. When was the last time you wanted anything other than a ring-open spanner? Never.

Not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it. I don't have a man-cave to display it in, do not own sidchrome tools, and the few display tools I do have are radical mis-matches. (seen below). I dunno...really trying to get rid of stuff at the moment.

Oh and I found a small step stool on hard rubbish also. Handy, as I was browsing online for one anyhow. Expensive little critters.