17 June 2021

Camper build the final stretch

  • I've varnished and installed the divider wall and glued the handle into the sliding door. (installed handle not shown)
  • The increased size of the sliding door due to the reduced chair size now allows for a regular bar-fridge to be installed under the bed!
  • I whipped up some cushion covers from some leftover material I had laying around from a sofa project years ago.
  • Dad had some trees down, so I grabbed some post-like pieces from the debris. I don't know what these are for yet...
  • The posts are stored at work in the 6 metre racking to dry 'till we need the space at work.
  • I grabbed an eski-sized 12V-24V-240V, 35L fridge/freezer from Jaycar to sell with the van. Currently testing on the bench. People are lazy and want a drive-away package. I'll be doing the same with a camping stove.
  • I just need to install some mount points for camper-curtain-spring-line and then sew up the curtains and I'm almost done...
  • ...oh and then install a Voltage Sensitive Relay (VSR) to the spare battery so it charges while driving instead of only via solar. It's on order...
  • THEN...I'm done