27 August 2019

Transit almost ready to fly


Bought a new battery today, $165. Great!
Bought 5L of 5W-30 full synthetic oil for ~$35.aud (1/2 price). Great!!

Installed battery. Ran van up to temperature so I could dump the old oil while extra runny...and the lower radiator hose blew. Blarrggh!! It's the first time I've run it since I changed the thermostat housing over. (old one fell apart while doing electrical work around it on a previous repairs mission) Not impressed!!

...moar partz needed...

Expecting a new oil filter, fuel filter, air filter in the mail tomorrow. New headlights in about a week. Still need to ream out two stripped bell housing threads and insert some high tensile bolts right-through with nuts. Some noises I'm still not happy with concerning the gearbox. Wish I'd replaced the pilot bearing while everything was out. Hmmm...Gonna own a hoist one day.