01 February 2019

Workshop fence gate


I built a gate into my fence so I could maneuver the the van into the basketball court side of our back yard. This should allow me to work on the van directly from the workshop instead of going through the house for everything.

I framed up a section of the fence first by adding vertical supports and a truss from scrap hardwood I scrounged up from several places, then added the hinges and locking bolts before cutting the gate itself out from the fence. Palings were knocked out and replaced during various stages in order to fit heavy hinges and fasteners etc. Too easy.

Below are some unsorted photos that probably need further description however I'm feeling lazy at the moment. The end result was a gate that's relatively stealthy, and works and looks exactly as hoped.

Somehow I managed to get zero pictures of the gate in action...as exciting as that might sound...