16 September 2018

Scrubbing Google, Chrome, Android

I've scrubbed Google/Chrome, and google products from my PC's and house. All the PC's have been scrubbed of Chrome, and my android phone was just a test machine anyway.

I finally snapped when I found they'd been scraping my emails for purchasing data. Not the headers or subject lines or meta data, but the ACTUAL contents of my emails. It's a little tricky to scrub the data too. (among other things that you didn't realise was tracked despite having settings turned off). Too much aggregate data, too much obfuscation. There are plenty of other reasons, they've clearly stepped into the same bucket as Apple.

Microsoft have stated they don't do what Google have been accused of in response to the current bout of craziness.

So that was easy. Cya Google, you've literally got nothing I need, and I'm sick of your updater background service not honouring my windows registry settings to keep you turned off. Bing and Edge are just fine. YouTube can track IP, but I don't have to log-in or subscribe to anything. I'll switch to another blogger service shortly.

RIP "don't be evil".